Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Eight...

Day Eight...

Today I am thankful for my Momma Dearest (AKA Mamma Jo, Mom, Mamma, and in stores Mamma Jo always works hehe).
(Mom is on the left, and Aunt Nellie is on the right, we will get to why I am thankful for her another day!)
My Mom is the most amazing lady around! Let me tell you, she has always been there for me, but has let me fail to just enough and catch me to help me learn from my mistakes. She has always pushed me when I wanted to give up, or stop trying. She always knew what I really wanted to do and never let me quit! When I was wait listed to getting into my dream college, she told me to get more recommendations, and work my butt off to get in. I did do that, and on May 18, 2008 I found out that I would be attending my dream college in a fall!
(This was before my High School Graduation)

My mom is so amazing, that she will admit  her faults. I learned this from her, and this has made me to be in the successful person I am today. She always knows what is best for me, even when I don't. I go to her for advice constantly because I know she will lead me in the right direction! She is my amazing role model, because Lord knows that I do not have alot on my long list! She has continued to push me to do my best in college. She has been there several times to save the day, and know when the situation I am in is not good for me. She will do whatever it takes to get me out when she knows I am in danger, or in a bad spot (not always physical location). 
(This Summer in Florida, we were enjoying some R&R time at the Gaylord and shopping at DT Disney)
My Mom has always been there for me in time of trouble or need. She will stand up for me when physically or emotionally I can not! She truly knows what is best for me.  She has always had my best interest in her heart, which few people in my life have always had my best interest in their heart! 
I hope to be as loving, supportive, and faithful to my kids just as my Mom has been to me. She has always been by my side, and we have been through alot together, but Momma Jo and I, we are a team. We will always be there for each other when others are not. I've had friends say our relationship is like that of Rory and her mom's on Gilmore Girls. Yes, we have one like that, but its not a written scrip, it is real life! I know people who wish they have a relationship like my Mom and I, but that is hard to come by. To get a relationship like this I feel that you need faith, trust, and respect with/in each other. I have had faith that my mom will help me soo many times! I can go to her with any problem because I know while she may get mad at first, she will help me and respect me! My mom is always 110% honest with me, even if it is not what I want to hear, she lays it on! I love my mom, and I think she's one of the three most amazing women in my life (the other two you will learn about in the coming days, but a hint is one is an Aunt, and the other helped my mom be who she is today, my Great Grandma, Granny!)! 
I will always be thankful for her. I may not always tell her that but I am. I know that in her heart she knows that I am thankful for her. Love you Momma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment