Monday, November 1, 2010

25 Days of Thankfulness- Day 1

Ok, over the next 25 days (thats how many we have until Thanksgiving ooh boy!) I will either blog about something that I am thankful for, or add what I am thankful for to my blog for that day! I encourage all of you to do the same, if not on a blog but on a piece of paper, or in a journal. It will put a lot of things in perspective, and guide you! 

Day 1: I am thankful for God. 

Ok..ok...ok... I know that sounds basic, and maybe it is, but after the last year of my life, I am SO thankful for God.  As you all know by now my family faced a large change this time last year. I was so upset with God, and questioned him soo much! Why did Uncle Bill go through that pain and suffering, when he had not had the easiest of lives? Why did after he had his lung removed he was in the 2% that would have complications, and after all of that why let him pass away in that much pain? Then I thanked God for allowing my mom and I get to Cleveland while he was still awake, but WHY did you keep him suffering for 3 days longer than he needed to. I spend countless hours in the chapel at Cleveland Clinic praying for God to welcome Uncle Bill and allow him to live forever with him pain free. It took me nearly a year to realize that I held this pain, frustration, and anger with God. I know other people feel the same way after death in their family. But although I was so angry with him, he continued to answer my daily prayers. 1) Let me pass my test to get into the College of Education. 2) Let me get into the College of Education. 3) Paying for college this year. 4) Getting out of a stressful/ frustrating situation this last Summer.


This is why I am thankful for God. He never turned his back on me, and always supported me in time of need! I am sure there will be other times that I question God's purpose. But I am pleased to say that today I am back to my normal Catholic self, attending church regularly and praying daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment